Bounce Cairns is committed to protecting our guests’ personal information. This notice will explain how we collect personal information, how we use the information, and how you can get in touch if you prefer to change the use of that information.
This Privacy Notice is updated on a regular basis to reflect the measures we are taking in relation to your personal data (this notice was last updated on 14th Nov 2018).
Bounce Cairns is a data controller and processor in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Company ABN: 282555
1. How personal information is collected:
• When you book accommodation
• When you contact us
• When you take part in surveys, events and competitions
• When you use our websites
• When you interact with us through social media or email
• When you book our accommodation through third party websites
• When you are involved in an accident or incident at one of our properties
2. What personal information is collected:
• Name and contact information (address, email and telephone number)
• Date of birth
• Payment details
• Identification details, such as your passport
• Medical information
• Details of other people associated with a booking or membership
• Information relating to your online interaction, for example the pages you visit on our websites, your IP address, device and browser type, as well as social media interactions
3. How personal information is used:
• To confirm and remind you of your reservations
• To provide the services you have requested
• To record your interactions with us
• To contact you by email, post, text message or phone with relevant communications about our products and services (e.g. newsletters, promotions etc)
• To personalise the services and communications we offer
• To help inform and improve the relevance of our online advertising
• To analyse data so that we can better understand customers
• To inform future product and service development
• To record any accidents or incidents that you may have been involved in or witnessed at one of our properties
4. Where personal information is processed:
• It may be held Bounce Cairns
• Or by trusted third party companies which processes it on our behalf
5. How long the information is stored for:
• Personal information is retained for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you requested.
• When personal information is no longer required it will deleted securely
• We may retain information about customers whose conduct has been anti-social or breached our policies, for the purpose of restricting those customers’ future use of our services.
6. How is the information kept safe:
• We follow good security practices (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us.
• Our security procedures mean that we will need to confirm your identity before we are able to discuss bookings or other queries.
• Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) is in operation at our properties, and you may be recorded when you visit them. We use CCTV in order to help protect guests, employees and visitors, as well as the premises from criminal activities.
• CCTV footage will only be viewed when necessary – for example to detect a crime.
• We comply with the ICO’s Code of Practice on the use of CCTV.
9. Disclosing information to other organisations:
• We may use trusted third parties to process your information on our behalf and when we do, appropriate data privacy contracts will be in place.
• We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party has undertaken to us that they have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information.
• We may release your information to the police or other authorities where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
• We may engage with trusted third parties to analyse data about our customers, supporters and website users in order to provide us with greater insight into customer and supporter behaviour for the purpose of informing future developments.
• We may also provide anonymous statistics to reputable third parties for the purpose of analysis. These statistics will not include any personal information.
10. Your rights
You may, at any time:
• Ask us what information we hold about you and what we are doing with it
• Request copies of the information we hold about you
• Ask us to correct your information if it is inaccurate
• Request that we delete your information
• Ask us to change the way we process your information
• Object to our processing of your information
• Change how we communicate with you
• You will need to make your request in writing and you will be required to prove your identity before a personal data request is actioned.
• If you want to unsubscribe from emails, you will find an unsubscribe link on the footer of our emails.
11. How to get in touch
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or wish to exercise your data privacy rights, please contact us as follows: